Logistics organizations work under a lot of strain. To improve their current logistics setup, our logistics assessment questions are a valuable first step: they provide transparency and help plan subsequent initiatives.
Logistics and supply chain managers today are facing new and threatening challenges in a challenging environment:
- Increasing fuel prices meet severe shortages in transport capacity and for drivers, with aggravated effects from lockdowns, and interruptions of delivery routes.
- On top of this acute firefighting situation, new megatrends demand their attention on a strategic level, like sustainability, digital transformation and, recently, regionalization.
- Management awareness for logistics and supply chain functions is rising, as an optimized cost level, high-performing logistics and resilient supply chain operations are becoming a considerable competitive advantage and an important factor for customer satisfaction.
In short: logistics managers need to ensure delivery capability for the company on the required service level puts. A solid logistics operating model with a high process efficiency is an essential prerequisite to answer this need. If compared with industry practices, it is the starting point to help identify potential improvements for organizational, process and IT-related aspects.
Question-based Logistics Self-Assessment Template
CAMELOT provides questions for three example criteria in a Logistics Maturity Self-Assessment with four maturity levels each, according to different assessed characteristics.
The logistics self-assessment questions cover maturity checks for the following three dimensions:
- local focus vs. central governance
- integration of corporate logistics with supply chain & business departments
- rule-based planning vs. dynamic optimization
- automated / integrated planning
Freight Cost Management
- calculation & invoicing process automation
- transparent cost allocation
The logistics maturity assessment questions include insights about industry best practices, therefore giving implicit feedback on the improvements logistics managers should target for the highest efficiency increase.
Our experience shows: by evaluating & benchmarking the current setup with the logistics assessment template, companies are considerably benefiting from the gained transparency, while the identification of the key improvement areas combined with a realistic roadmap is an important forward-looking deliverable based on which subsequent initiatives can be planned and kicked off.
Follow this link to the CAMELOT Logistics Maturity Self-Assessment.