In the latest blog post we discussed the influence of labor availability on the production schedule and why the perfect plan is not the perfect plan. Read now how to consider employee skills within production planning:
Closing the gap to a feasible plan – integrate your employee skills in production planning
Camelot Skill Pool Planning is closing a major gap to create a feasible plan. It offers the integration of labor planning with all the complexity of available employee skill sets at production level. Thereby, you are able to digitally model available skill sets. Also, you can define how much skill capacity is consumed while producing a certain product. Supporting a predictive production planning process, it is now possible to display and monitor future skill capacity utilization. Additionally, reports and alerts are supporting the visualization of skill usage. In case of any planning issue, the user is supported by automatic rescheduling functionalities in order to achieve an overall feasible plan. Therefore, planning issues caused by unavailable labor skills are addressed by Camelot Skill Pool Planning supporting an anticipatory manner rather than reactive firefighting behavior.
Benefit from integrated skill pool planning
The Camelot Skill Pool Planning concept is fully integrated in standard planning solutions. In combination with a strong end-to-end supply planning model, companies can benefit from:
- Predictive planning by giving an outlook of required labor skills needed at a specific point of time in production for proactive shift planning
- Improved customer service level and increased product availability by reducing necessary rescheduling due to the unavailability of skilled labor
- Automated levelling by consideration of alternative skilled labor pools, to leverage system intelligence and support feasible plan creation
The main functionalities at a glance:
- Integrated Planning: Possibility to virtually model complex employee skills and skill consumption enabling integrated machine & skilled labor planning as a prerequisite for the creation of a feasible plan
- Control tower: Real-time visibility on skilled labor capacity utilization at production planning & scheduling, giving possibility to pro-actively adjust shifts or production plans
- Automated levelling: Consideration of alternative skilled labor pools with automated levelling functionality, to leverage system intelligence and support feasible plan creation
Leverage your production planning and start the digital journey now – Closing the gap to your feasible production plan.
For more information please visit our website!